Thursday, May 26, 2011

Sleepless in... Paris?

I'm flat-out exhausted after today. I don't know how I'm not napping right now (it's 6:31 p.m.), but I'm seriously debating it. I don't know how it happens, but I'm only getting about six hours of sleep each night- if I'm lucky! It adds up pretty quickly when you're constantly up and moving all day. For those of you who really know me, it means that you know that I never nap, and that's how tired I am! My Cinema & Film professor canceled two classes during our fourth week, which means that the six hours we lose from that need to be redistributed. So now, our class can be either the usual three hours, or four hours. The four-hour classes are going to be on Wednesdays as far as I can tell, but I'm not positive. Either way, today ended up being a four-hour class. Between Cinema & Film and Art & Architecture, seven hours of my day was spent in class.

Today was one of those days where I seriously felt as though I didn't stop moving. I got up at seven this morning, had my first class from 9 a.m.-12 p.m., then my second class from 2-5:30 p.m. The second class, a History of Paris through Art and Architecture, is only supposed to be three hours, but we ran over because of the museum we went to was too big to cover in just a three-hour trip. However, I can't complain too much given the pictures I got out of today. I'll be posting them in a bit, after I upload all of them!

Last night, my friends and I went to the Eiffel Tower since my apartment is within a fifteen minute walking distance. The sun doesn't set until about 9 p.m. in Paris, which made for a nice walk over to the Eiffel Tower (armed with gelato, of course), and I got some great pictures of the tower at night. It's gorgeous, giant, and beautiful. It's like Notre Dame- it's even bigger in real life than you ever imagined. I had walked there on my first day in Paris, and it was beautiful during the day. At night, it makes for an even better picture when it lights up; not just in general, but it sparkles on the hour. I probably took about 50 of the same picture, but I literally couldn't put my camera down. I hope you enjoy the pictures as much as I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment