Thursday, June 9, 2011

Je suis desolée...

I'm sorry for the lack of posts lately! I would have updated this sooner with pictures from Les Invalides, Musée Rodin, St. Étienne-du-Mont, the Panthéon, and the Institut de Monde Arabe, but I had camera issues. By camera issues, I mean: dead batteries. For someone like me, that's a real problem. My camera decided to inform me without warning that it was dying about three pictures into Les Invalides, and I didn't have a chance to pick up batteries afterward, or before class the next day, either.

I got them in time for the L'Opéra today, though! It's one of those places where I can't stop taking pictures because everything is so ornate and beautiful. My plan is to go back to get more pictures of Les Invalides (from the outside) at a later date, but for now I'll have to steal pictures from either my friends here or the internet. L'Institut de Monde Arabe actually has one of the best views of the city, from nine stories up. I don't know what's better- that it's free, or that there's a restaurant at the top that's actually very decently priced!

I'll update what I can tonight, but then I'm off to Cannes for the weekend! My friends and I are taking the TGV (speed train) down there, so we'll arrive by 8 p.m. tomorrow night and get two nice beach days there. Sunday night, we head back to Paris... on the sleeper train. All part of the experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment